Stone & Magnanini LLP attorneys have conducted corporate internal investigations for major corporations in diverse areas. Our wealth of experience in complex litigation, white collar criminal law, corporate compliance and regulatory enforcement matters enables us to advise corporate clients in handling the daunting challenge of discreetly, yet effectively uncovering and addressing fraudulent and unethical activities perpetrated by or with company insiders.
Our attorneys’ diverse backgrounds, which include distinguished service with several government agencies, enable us to give our clients the perspective of “both sides” of government investigations and enforcement matters, to better evaluate and manage the risks resulting from internal malfeasance, and to formulate appropriate responses. Where necessary, this breadth of experience also enables us to guide clients through the process of self-disclosure to the authorities, and to negotiate a resolution to any resulting governmental action that minimizes business disruption and effectively addresses any compliance issues to guard against such problems arising in the future.
Corporate internal investigations handled by Stone & Magnanini LLP attorneys include:
- Participating in the internal investigation into Tyco International
- Conducting a nationwide Medicare fraud compliance review and internal investigation for a large medical testing provider
- Conducting an internal investigation into a major government contractor in connection with a potential bid protest
- Walsh Securities-bank defrauded by RICO scheme
- Foodtown-$1 billion enterprise defrauded by CEO and CFO
- Two River-bank defrauded by customers’ manager
- Fortune 500 company in allegations of overpayment of salaries and bonuses