Stone & Magnanini LLP efficiently and aggressively litigates complex intellectual property cases to achieve practical business results for our clients. We know how to translate complex technical information and concepts into plain language that judges and juries understand. Our attorneys have handled intellectual property matters in a myriad of industries, from high-tech companies to direct-response marketers to major media outlets.
Intellectual property matters handled by Stone & Magnanini LLP attorneys include:
- Representing one of the world’s largest direct-response “as seen on TV” marketers in several multimillion-dollar cases involving the company’s intellectual property rights in licensed retail products
- Representing a sophisticated internet software company in complex litigation against two of the world’s largest search-engine providers claiming infringement of the company’s patented content-filtering software
- Representing C.V. Starr & Co., a company affiliated with Maurice “Hank” Greenberg, in trademark litigation alleging that AIG infringed a C.V. Starr service mark
- Winning an arbitral award for the YES cable network in the form of a long-term carriage agreement for New York Yankee games with Cablevision with the effect of increasing the YES network’s enterprise value by $1.5 billion.
- Successfully pursuing a claim against the Madison Square Garden Network to recover the New York Yankees’ television and media rights and enable formation of YES Network
- Obtained emergency injunctive relief for a major telecommunications company against a start-up high tech competitor that was “poaching” scientist employees who possessed irreplaceable knowledge about proprietary technology
representing a chip manufacturer-Broadcom